Pages

instagram

Monday 4 August 2014

How to make your hair grow

In 2010 I got my hair cut short just for a change. It took a lot of courage as every girl will understand! This was what it looked like 4 years ago... 

I did love it but it does take some styling and I thought it was going to be easier than having long hair - but it's not!
Anyway I decided to let it grow a bit longer, shoulder length, and I kept it at that for a while. I decided to get it cut again and I taught myself how to style it properly and I actually really liked it!


By May 2012 I thought I would attempt the impossible - GROW MY HAIR! I started by trying hair growth tablets called Sea Kelp which can be bought from Holland & Barrett for around £4.50 for a tub. It recommends you take 3 a day with meals but I always forgot so I aimed to have a tablet with breakfast and tea. This did spurt some hair growth it was cut around my ear then around 3-4 weeks later my hair was to my jaw line! This was a massive improvement!! Next thing I tried, while also taking the tablets, was hair growth shampoo i started trying Lee Stafford hair growth shampoo and I also used the conditioner this wasn't very sucessful. 
I decided to get my hair trimmed in November 2012 as it had been about 6 months this broke my heart as the hairdresser cut too much off and I thought 'that's it it's all coming off' but my boyfriend talked me out of it! For the next 6 months I didn't really do anything with my hair I just tried to keep it pinned up then when it was long enough I would teo it up. 
In May 2013 I got it trimmed again and it was about shoulder length. I was told it would take about 4 years to get it where I wanted it which was to about my bra strap. I decided to have another look for some other ways to grow my hair so I decided to buy Alpecin Caffine Shampoo as it's expensive I only bought it twice but it definitely worked! - loads better than the Lee Stafford Shampoo! By Summer I was able to put my hair in a small bun which I was sooo pleased with!! 
Nothing much happened until Christmas time I decided to just let it do what it wanted and this is where it was up to at Christmas...

I was soo pleased with my hair growth I never thought it would get this long ever! But now, August 2014, 2 years and 3 months after I got my hair cut short for the last time this is where I'm up to now! 

My Top Tips are: 
- keep your hair up as much as possible so you don't notice how much it's grown and to stop you getting annoyed with your hair!
- don't listen to your hairdressers saying get it cut little and often just look after your hair and get it cut every 5/6 months.
- don't dye or straighten your hair. Keep it as close to your natural colour as possible I died my hair twice in the two years. Now I am able to do whatever I want with it and it was totally worth the wait!!
- try using Sea Kelp or other hair growth tablets and definitely try Alpecin Caffine shampoo!! 
- lastly DONT GIVE UP!




1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I did the same in 2011. I'm now at a length I actually like! X

    www.lizzieroseblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete