Pages

instagram

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Rimmel Self Tan Mousse Review









Blended well with make-up

Arm colour compared to leg.

Hey Guys!

Where has the sun gone? I can't believe how miserable weather is lately, this time last year I was in my back garden catching some rays and getting a tan and this time I'm having to fake it with my latest fake tan purchase the new 'Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse'! I am a sucker for Rimmel fake tan I always use their instant tan because it give such a good coverage and people always comment and say how natural it looks which is always good to hear!

Now, I am a tan fanatic and wear fake tan everyday. I can't leave the house without it because I can't bear the thought of looking pale, it just doesn't suit me - especially because I've got darker hair now! Anyway since I'm a tan lover I'm always looking for affordable but good fake tans I've used St Tropez, St Moritz, Fake Bake, Rimmel, Garnier, you name it I've tried it so it would be stupid of me not to try the new Rimmel mousse!

So, firstly I gave the bottle a good shake and applied the tan with a fake tan mitt and it came out exactly like the St Moritz one, I would recommend using a mitt because I have used bare hands before and it wasn't a great outcome - you can buy them in Boots, Superdrug, Bodycare, Primark etc. I used about two pumps for each arm to try and give a good coverage then another two for my neck and chest. Yes - I only did the top half of my body as this was a trial run! The mousse did have a nice smell when I was applying it so things were looking good so far!

On the bottle it says that it dries within 2 minutes I think that it took a little longer to dry but that wasn't a concern of mine. I went to bed and woke up the next morning and unfortunately the fake tan smell was there... if I'm honest it wasn't very strong like previous ones that I have used. A good thing was that I did have a very strong brown tan because it had developed so much but I went it the shower a lot of the colour did come off, I used a shower gel to gently rub away any excess because I didn't want to scrub and be back pale again!

Once I was dry I did notice that the tan had faded a lot however I think it left a really nice natural glow! It blends in with my makeup nicely which is a great, and overall I am pleased with the colour it gave and I definitely will be using it again! Personally I think its perfect for everyday wear and also if your going out on the Saturday night put it on on the Friday so you won't have the risk of your tan washing off if it rains while your out - nothing worse!!

So far I have only seen this sold at Boots for £7.99 and comes in 3 different shades; light, medium and dark - the shade I used was medium and no images were edited to enhance lighting, I also took my pictures in the lightest room in the house which lets it a lot of natural light.

Beca
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment