Pages

instagram

Saturday 21 March 2015

Edinburgh Love


Hey Guys!

So as you all should know I went to Edinburgh last weekend... just Saturday and Sunday but it was to celebrate Sam and I being together for 5 years! Woohoo go us! We had such an amazing time because we don't often go on weekend away together so it was a really nice break. Also everybody lately seems to be going to Edinburgh so this post may be useful to you if your going to be going there soon!



We booked quite in advance and got our train tickets and hotel quite cheap which was really lucky. The Roxburghe Hotel was where we stopped and it was so beautiful! I definitely felt so out of place because it was so posh! We got met at the front and the man took our bags, we checked in and were told our bags would be waiting in out rooms for when we decided to go up. There was also a complimentary gym and swimming pool which was so nice but I didn't bring a bikini and we didn't feel we had enough time to go swimming (as much as I would have loved to) but we've kept it in mind for next time! 


It was also really handy because it was just off Princes Street which was the main shopping street and behind that was a lovely lane called Rose Street. This had all the bars, pubs, boutiques and restaurants down there so being food lovers we decided to head out for brunch.



We found this amazing place called the Filling Station which was an American Diner style so we thought it would be nice and quirky so we went in there! Oh my gosh the brunch was so scrummy! I think we got the 'feast breakfast' (something like that anyway) it had so much food I couldn't eat it all, you also got refillable hot drinks - bonus!



After eating we had a good look around Edinburgh (the old and new part), we wanted to go on a ghost walk round Mary Kings Close but it was fully booked until 4:30 so if you want to do that then book in advance! 


When it got to tea time we ended up taking forever to decide where to go and eat, we honestly walked for at least an hour in the cold! Until we came across this cute little place called SYGN which was down a little alley way and it was so quirky and cute we couldn't resist going in!



 We had chicken wings to start, which were amazing in a spicy lemon sauce... (something like that anyway they were to die for), cajun chicken burger for main with fries then finished the night with loads of cocktails! The first one we had was a strawberry daiquiri and you definitely can't go wrong with one of those! Then my other favourite one was a mix of vodka, lemon, vanilla and peach - t was soooo good! Way to easy to drink!

It was so good in there it was such a great atmosphere that we just stayed in there all night! I would definitely recommend this place.. if you can find it!



Sunday we obviously went shopping, with a little hangover but spending money sure cured that! I just wanted to post a few pictures of my outfit from the Saturday night because I love this playsuit so much it needs to be shared!







I wore it with a cute pink belt which came with another Topshop playsuit and my cute peep toe booties that I'm in love with!

| Playsuit - Topshop | Boots - Primark |

I know that was really long winded but trust me that was just the basics. I have linked the hotel, bar and my playsuit so you can go straight to the site!

Have a lovely weekend 


Beca
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment